At Doctors Immediate Care, our medical facilities provide substance abuse testing as part of our medical service offerings.
Why test for substance abuse?
Some schools, hospitals, and places of employment require drug testing. Drug tests vary depending on the type of drug being tested and the type of specimen being collected. Urine, hair, saliva (oral fluid), or sweat can be used as test specimens. Drug tests screen for such drugs as marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines, phencyclidine (PCP), and opioids.
Studies suggest that many adults who use illegal drugs are employed full or part time. In addition, when compared with those who don’t use substances, substance-using employees are more likely to:
- Change jobs frequently
- Be late to or absent from work
- Be less productive
- Be involved in a workplace accident and potentially harm others
- File a workers’ compensation claim
A substance free work place
Employers who have implemented drug-free workplace programs have important experiences to share.
- Employers with successful drug-free workplace programs report improvements in morale and productivity and decreases in absenteeism, accidents, downtime, turnover, and theft.
- Employers with long-standing programs report better health status among employees and family members and reduced healthcare costs.
- Some organizations with drug-free workplace programs qualify for incentives, such as decreased costs associated with short- and long-term disability and workers’ compensation.
Testing Available at our Facilities
Below is a list of some of the immediate tests that we perform at our facilities. Call our office to schedule an appointment. Walk-in testing is also available.
- Urine Drug testing (Immunoassay & GCMS confirmation)
- 10 panel test
- 5 panel test
- Rapid test
- Alcohol testing
- EBT (non DOT alcohol testing)